Morse Code Course
Welcome to my Morse Code Course! I created this course as a set of YouTube videos using the Farnworth method. Each video has a with a character speed of 20wpm and an overall speed of 10wpm. The course provides continuous and immediate feedback, which will help accelerate your learning. Practice callsigns are or were valid US callsigns. Words are limited to the Top 5,000 words that are at most four letters long and a focus was placed on selecting words that match the current letter.
It may be a more challenging initially, but I recommend trying to head copy everything. Copying callsigns might be the exception since most hams record the callsigns in their logbook, but it will help you if you can master it. The course is incremental and provides an opportunity to develop this skill from the very start!
A few simple guidelines to maximize your results:
- Use each lesson in order. Each lesson builds off of the next.
- Simply listen to the introduction videos to gain familiarity with the new character. For all other videos, in the 1-second pause, say out loud whatever you are able to copy.
- Move on to the next lesson as soon as you reach 70-90% accuracy. Don't be concerned with finishing each lesson. I have generated more content than most students will need for mastery of any particular lesson.
- Practice more frequently in shorter intervals, rather than less frequent longer practice sessions.
- Do not count the dits and dahs. Listen to the entire sound pattern of the characters. Avoid having a lookup table of dits and dahs in your head, and avoid repeating the sound pattern in your head.
I wish you all the best on your Morse code journey! If you have any questions, or comments feel free to reach out to me. My contact details are here.
(Also note that I have created a YouTube PlayList for this course for those who prefer to keep track of their progress all within YouTube. When I have more time, I will rework this page so it is more compact and user friendly.)
|T A E N O i S 1 4 R H D L 2 5 C U M W 3 6 ? F Y P G 7 9 / B V K J 8 0 <BT> X Q Z <BK> Period|